Sunday, August 2, 2009

C/C++: Creating self-sufficient executables?

Hi!





I've tried to search online but I guess I don't have to right keywords in mind to find a satisfying result.





I have seen in the past software which seems to be self sufficient-- and by that I mean that every external library is included in the executable binary itself, so there are a few DLL's (besides the vital ones like mscrt, etc) needed by that program.





Considering I already have the source code of a certain library, is it possible to have it compiled and included in my final executable, rather than being a standalone DLL?





I dont need a in-depth actual explaination, but rather a few pointers (links, articles, manpages) to go into the right direction.





Thanks :)

C/C++: Creating self-sufficient executables?
Yes. DLLs are Dynamic Linking Libraries You want static libraries. Do a search on how to create (and use) static libaries for Windows with your compiler.
Reply:I can't tell you exactly because it depends on what compiler you are using and I don't remember exactly, but what you are looking for is how to compile without dependencies.





For certain compilers and frameworks (usually the microsoft ones) sometimes there will be DLL files you have no choice but distributing/using.

strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment