Sunday, August 2, 2009

Help! I'm going to Small Claims Court Next Month Need Pointers...PLEASE!!?

Well technically I'm not going, but my friend is...She's taking her ex land lord to court b/c he refuses to give her back her deposit. She left the apartment in good condition even took several pictures and video of how the apartment was left before and after she moved out. Anyway, she never signed a contract just filled out and application. She even gave her landlord a 30 day moving notice...However, her landlord refuses to give her back her deposit b/c she was only living in the apartment less than 6 months so "supposedly" she forfeits the deposit?! I've never herd of this rule b4. That's why she's taking him to small claims next month... So do you think she has a chance of getting her money back?!? Should she take the pics to court? How about the video? Should she take it on a disk or show him from her camera? Your feed back is greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance...Best answers gets 10 points for sure!!! ;]

Help! I'm going to Small Claims Court Next Month Need Pointers...PLEASE!!?
i would take both the video and pix..you can never be too sure....if there was nothing in writing about forfeiting the sec. dep. then there should be no prob getting it back
Reply:If she signed a 1yr. lease than she is lucky the landlord isn't trying to collect the remaining 6 mo. rent, which is legally due him. I wouldn't stir up that pot if I were your friend, I would let the man have the deposit and move on. Just be careful next time.

kudzu

No comments:

Post a Comment